Course: Quantum Field Theory 1, 2022A
Instructions: Clicking on the section name will show / hide the section.
- Classical and Quantum fields. Canonical quantization of Klein-Gordon field, KG propagator, Interacting fields and Feynman diagrams.
- Functional methods, Path Integral in quantum mechanics, Generating functional, Functional quantization of fields.
- Renormalization, Perturbation theory for scalar (φ 4 ) theory, Divergent Feynman diagrams, Dimensional regularization, Renormalization schemes.
- Renormalization Group equations, Wilsonian RG, Callan Symanzik equations, Running of coupling constants.
- Quantization of fermions, Path integral with fermions, Quantum Electrodynamics, Vacuum polarization.
Prime book M.E. Peskin and D.V. Schroeder, "An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory"
S. Weinberg, "The Quantum Theory of Fields "
M. Srednicki, “Quantum Field Theorry”,
P.Â Ramond, "Field Theory: Modern Primer"
C. Itzykson and J-P. Zuber, "Quantum Field Theory"
L. Zinn-Justin, "Quantum Field Theory and Critical Phenomena”
J.J. Bjorken and S.D. Drell, “Relativistic Quantum Fields”
N.N. Bogoliubov and D.V. Shirkov, “Quantum Fields”
S. Coleman, “Aspects of symmetry”
A set of home assignments will be given approximately every 2-3 weeks. Total weight of these assignments to the final grade will be 50%. At the end of the course a more lengthy home project will be given, which will constitute the remaining 50%.
Lecture, Tutorial and office hours
Group What? Name Day Hours Building/Room 1 Lecture Michael Lublinsky Wed 11-14 34/9