Course: Plasma Physics 2023A
Instructions: Clicking on the section name will show / hide the section.
- Basic definitions and parameters, Debye screening and plasma osillations, Ionization, Coulomb collisions.
- MHD theory.
- MHD waves and discontinuities.
- Two-fluid theory.
- Waves in dispersive media in two-fluid theory.
- Kinetic theory.
- Waves in the kinetic description.
- Landau damping.
- Hydrodynamic and kinetic instabilities.
- Nonlinear phenomena: first concept.
- Shock acceleration.
- You will be asked to read topics before each lesson. We will discuss these at the lesson and not start from scratch.
- Assignments will be given and should be submitted.
- In the end a home exam will be given.
- Grade: 80% home exam, 20% assignments.
Final home exam